🌟PART TIME JOB VACANCY🌟
Due to on-going expansion we are looking for a highly motivated & energetic person to join our team as Part Time Retail Assistant. Barnyard is a forward thinking independent Pet & Equestrian Supplies retail business based in Northwich, Cheshire and we want you to be part of it!
Initially required for Wednesdays & Fridays however additional days to cover holidays likely to be required which may include some weekends.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service & be confident in assisting customers & where necessary advising on a range of pet & equestrian products available.
- Accurate Till operation (full point of sale till)
- Stock management including checking off inbound stock from suppliers Stock counting / checking
- Shop floor replenishment & rotation.
- Making & Taking telephone calls & accurately recording messages and orders
- Ensuring the shop floor and storage areas are clean and tidy
- Ensuring the safe delivery of large stock items (feeds etc) to customer vehicles in a timely & professional manner
- Some ad hoc social media preparation
HOURS OF WORK
- Wednesday & Friday 10am - 4pm
- You must be willing to work additional hours when required during busy period and/or to cover absences and holidays.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL
- Be customer focussed & self motivated.
- Be enthusiatic, personable & approachable, able to work on own but also be a great team player with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Be a fast learner, fast worker & be able to communicate effectively & take/follow instruction well.
- Be reliable & good at organisation
- As the role includes some physically demanding work, must be physically fit and able to carry out the tasks safely.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above to include English & Maths.
- Must love pets and / or horses
DESIRABLE SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in retail or other customer-facing role.
- Background knowledge of horses
- Background knowledge of other pets
- Knowledge of social media platforms
🌟 To apply - email with CV to [email protected] or deliver to store 🌟
🔴 Closing date 24th August 2018 🔴
We are an equal opportunities employer!